spy camera, cant find a driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by xromania™, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xromania™

xromania™ Private E-2

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly this is a major problem with this sort of OEM device from China, if you dont have the driver disk it is near impossible to find it listed for download, does the device have any markings or codes?

In Device Manager does it list as a yellow ! mark if so click it and open to properties then click Details Tab and then in the dropdown choose Hardware Ids and post the contents of the Value box as it may hold clues as to maker and driver.

But sadly dont hold up many hope of finding this driver as OEM is the one to get it from so keep trying them.

3. xromania™

xromania™ Private E-2

Thanks. What u mean "of finding this driver as OEM is the one to get it from so keep trying them"? u mean if the driver exist is for china systems or what? what is OEM.

I have asked to 2 chinese sellers the kit instalation and what they sent me was some strange files, who gave errors when i tried to run them...

But my question if i can try other web camera drivers? probably after more tries one ill work. Or is no point to do that?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer as in say DELL, HP and the maker of this PEN.

Please post any info if listed in Device Manager as in the below I posted earlier, it may help trace a driver.
    What Windows version you using? and on plugging in the camera pen what happens, does Windows try and find a driver?

5. xromania™

xromania™ Private E-2

yes windows try to find a driver and next to clock is a baloon "usb camera"

And in devige manager is: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/iul3/usbcammerad.jpg

[​IMG]

other question is - my nokia6120 take videos qvga 320x240 and are mpeg-4
    This pen take avi. video with 1280x960 but the videos i think dont look better, why? i can check the avi. files in proprieties and there is "1280x960" but in mpeg-4 files on proprieties i cant see any details about resolution etc.

But mpeg-4 are better than .avi?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds