DLink router and Dialup, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by c0unt-zer0, Feb 4, 2007.

1. c0unt-zer0

c0unt-zer0 Private E-2

I'm a poor geek, so I've still got snail connection- I'm trying to configure a main pc (hooked up to phone modem) to be the host for my laptop. A friend of mine gave me a DLink router, I said I was poor! Problem is with out a broadband internet connection I can not complete the set up on the router.confused
    Anyone have insight on how to complete the setup with out broadband connection?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!:)

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Pretty much no, not possible, now apple makes a router that you can plug the phone into it.

3. c0unt-zer0

c0unt-zer0 Private E-2

Hey, Thanks for listening, this is my first post.
    is the apple product expensive?

4. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

5. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

are you wanting to use wireless?

6. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

For the price of your dial-up ISP, there is cheaper DSL packages nowdays (ie AT&T has a $14.95 package).

7. c0unt-zer0

c0unt-zer0 Private E-2

hey, thanks, ya'll!
    I decided to quit smoking, or at least cut back dramatically so now I'm funding brain cancer/myopia instead of black lung - no offense- signed up with bellsouth/att DSL, although they wanted to try to charge $5.00 a month extra to share DSL access, what gives with that?:major
    So now I'm at least cruising at minimum speed limit!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds