Trouble with 'Tweaking.com'

Discussion in 'Software' started by snapper, Aug 19, 2014.

1. snapper

snapper Private First Class

Greetings:

HELP please. Have an 'IEframe.dll' problem and having a hard time staying on the web. IE not updating correctly.

I work from home, so this is an issue :banghead:banghead:banghead. Downloaded Tweaking.com (kept getting redirected to 'Reimage' FYI). Followed every single order (yes Sir)... and ran the basic program. No actual log provided. Only summary was 'Download Windows Office 2010 update'.

EXCEPT 'Tweaking.com' ate the entire 'MS Update' history.
    Back-up - yes "General Tim" - I actually listen to you. I have a 'Seagate' dashboard and back-uped prior to the run. Except it would only bring back to the same place I was prior to the cleaning.

My system was Golden and went back to work. No connections issues, no browser issues. All good. Back to work. Then on Monday performed my daily 'registry & other garbage' cleaning run with a licensed copy of 'Advanced System Care'. The stupid thing 'undid' TWEAKING corrections and I was again having same issues.

After new modem, lots of time w/ DSL Verizon, Company Tech support, Malwarebytes - all other problems ruled out, and Malwarebytes reviewing my logs - advised that 'ASC' anti-virus program was creating instability on my system - I just uninstalled.

Yesterday I downloaded the most recent copy of 'Tweaking' update and ready to run again.

Problem: Every time I try to perform the 'Tweaking' 'windows tweaking' app I am re-directed to another program or 'Reimage. How come?

Anyone else reporting the Iobit conflict with the 'Tweaking' program. And having the MS Update history deleted?

Any suggestions please assist before I run 'Tweaking' again. At this point the crashing has been constant today and unable to login into for work.

Please assist/advise.
    Thank you!

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

snapper...

As far as I know Tweaking.com is a very good program. I haven't heard anything but good things about it...that is until recently.

I'm not sure what's going on, but some users lately seem to be installing Tweaking.com and ending with Reimage or with Tweaking and Reimage. I can't tell from the posts.

Here are some recent threads about this (no resolutions sorry):

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=287627&highlight=Reimage
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=287502&highlight=Tweaking.com

I am wondering if you actually got the Tweaking.com program. Don't recall where but I saw mention somewhere of something mimicking the look and feel of Tweaking.com that isn't the real thing.

Again, not sure how to help here. I hope someone can come along to assist you. Sounds like a complicated set of problems being generated by this Reimage program or whatever it is that's causing the problem...

3. snapper

Greetings AltBo:

Thank you for this good reply and clarification. The gift here is you are helping me isolate the issues and I now know I am NOT getting the REAL 'Tweaking' program as intended. The Link I used is from the MJ's June News letter. Perhaps if I go over to the standard MG 'Download' section and download 'Tweaking' I will not be obtaining what appears to be a Rogue Imposter. Of course I shall delete all the 'Tweaking' apps previously downloaded. I will attempt this and report back.

Yes pain in the neck when you know there is a solution out there and the download is bogus. Step by Step I will clean this up.

Question AtlBo: (Telephony question)
    My original problem is a IEFrame.dll error. I know this does impact Net Packets. BUT... my DSL/Net connection is shared with a Voice line via splicer for both my DSL/Voice line. If I use the phone, I am also automatically disconnected. Is it possible that a bad Windows file (IEFrame.dll) would contribute to this?

Now hold on everyone before you jump back at me - yes I know a hardware issue. Have completely checked all hardware coming in and lines check out fine. (Maybe better splicer) EXCEPT this system (voice/date line combo) has been in place for 5 years with no previous issues. And only now an issue since the IEFrame.dll error. Have to ask.

Thanks Again AtlBo- much appreciated!

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. snapper

Dear Plodr

THANK YOU.

OMG...No I did not touch that - THANK YOU. Honestly - what is going on! Way to early to hit the oyster bar....

Question:
    Are You experiencing any connection issues with the Net of late?

Thank you again!

6. snapper

Re: Trouble with 'Tweaking.com' - Problem Resolved!

Greetings:

Well someone suggested I load in IE11 - I did and SHAZAM - I have been trouble free for hours. No more disconnects and all the Windows updates have been - updated. No more IEframe.dll message. It has been a two week pain in the neck issue! I actually have my life back.

SO... I am heading over to 'Neptune Bar & Gille' for a Planctin Martini. Please join me Plodr & AtlBo - thank you for your responses and advice. Drinks are on me! :-D

Yes I am quite relieved & happy.

Thank you all!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds