Stand-alone DNS/DHCP Server Software

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by King, Nov 17, 2005.

1. King

King Private E-2

Hey all, quick question. Has anyone ever run across a freeware/cheap DNS/DHCP server software package? I have a few small peer-to-peer networks that use linksys routers for their DNS/DHCP. The reliability and configuration capabilities of these devices leave something to be desired, especially in the regards of DNS and wanting to setup static records and such. So just looking for a small-footprint, configurable DNS/DHCP server app.

Thanks for any help,

King

2. animal_harrison

animal_harrison Private E-2

You can check out FileHippo.com, they have a decent selection of freeware in terms of server software. I am going to test out a couple of them on some old comps that i happened to stubble upon. If it works i will keep you updated. Any Questions feal free to write back.

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Run Smoothwall on an old box or in a VM. It can be done for free.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds