Compress MP3 files

Discussion in 'Software' started by asher_friends, Oct 2, 2006.

1. asher_friends

asher_friends Private First Class

hey geeks:eek: ...i really want to know..whether there is any software available that can compress MP3 files without compromising the quality of it.I thought i was impossible to compress any mp3 file without compromising the quality...but it is true..as i have a song which is almost 6min and the file size is just 1KB and the bit rate is 32 KB..but it is quality is acceptable...Please guys if u know any freeware software that can compress the MP3 files at custom bit rates..Please foward the link:)

2. Flushed

Flushed Private E-2

Its impossible to compress MP3's without compromising quality.

Depending on what sort of system your using to playback your tracks, you can get away with lower bit rates, but obviously the lower the rate the lower the quality.

I DJ on a regular basis using some mp3'S and I never use a bit rate of lower than 128.

(By the way, I think you'll find that 6 min song at 1kb is a shortcut or file association to a track. A 6 min track at 32kb would result in roulgly a meg and a half track.)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds