check other posts Windows cannot access the specified device...

Discussion in 'Software' started by pugly, Jun 11, 2010.

1. pugly

pugly Private E-2

I get the Windows cannot access the , path, or file... on everything except my internet: Chrome, IE, and FF. literary everything else gives me this error, can't right click on start menu and open explorer, no "My computer" or control panel nothing in the start menu works.

The problem started with the "Google redirect" Virus and chrome not working at all so I removed the virus with ComboFix. Windows didn't restart properly so it needed to restore. Combo fix created that restore point. Now I'm here and I can't get anything but the internet working.

Tried download combofix again, the little green bar fills up than disappears than I get: "Windows command process has stopped working"

I tried creating another user, the new user profile wont load. I get a blank light blue screen.

My network connections has an X through it, but I'm online. My sound has an X as well, its not working. I get this same error if I try and run CMD.

Running windows 7 ultimate. All my start up programs work with out problem, Gmail notifier, norton, G15 keyboard stuffs, and a java updater. I can't manually update windows but it seems to do it on its own. Msconfig works but doesn't help.

I've got 2 other hard drives on this computer I cannot access any of them.
    I can however access my shared media on all of my drives from another computer. so the drive isn't bad.

I'm completely lost as to what to do. Norton wont restore and can't find any issues. (but it didn't find any before) ((Thank god I paid for that one and had to get a free program to do its job)).

I know the post is long but I tried to include everything I know. I can wipe and reformat but I need a couple none shared files off of this cpu before I can consider that.

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Welcome to MG!

This certainly sounds malware related.

I'd suggest you do this;

Read and Run Me First

Then start a thread in the Malware Removal forum and let the Malware removal experts take you through the process.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds