7/11 Never bye any thing from that place but gas!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goldenskull, May 14, 2012.

1. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

There Food Product prices are way over priced If your in the us Don't ever shop there unless you need gas.

There Food is outrages price to night i went in to get a 2 Liter Dr Pepper you wanna know how much it cost 2.32 total bull shit the average price for a 2 liter is 1.89 now what do you think are they ripping people on food products i think so.Ill never shop there ever again.

And the gas prices went back down so i don't understand way they cost so freaking much they sell all most the same stuff as the next gas station down the road

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Ok, so prices are usually based on the prices that a store can get the soda for, most places getting cheaper per unit prices the more units they buy, so if i buy 1000 2 Liter a week say i can end up getting em for 1.50$ per 2 liter. Now say i can buy 3 or 4 thousand two liters a week, i can probably talk the soda seller down to a 1.00$ per bottle price. Its all about volume, shipping costs and so on. If you find a place that sells it cheaper, buy there. But in business its always about supply/demand/cost to acquire goods.

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Oh also, theres the whole idea of selling items at a loose, to make more money by getting people in the door by offering certain items at a lower price then normal.

4. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I was just trying to figure out who thought they were going to walk into a convenience store and pay anything other than exorbitant prices. The key word there is "convenience", not "cheap". ;)

5. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

You're not an espresso drinker are you?

6. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Yep, convenience store = convenience. Want to save that $0.33c? - Go to a wholesale discounter. Gee, you might even save yourself a whole buck! rolleyes

7. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I never "bye" anything from "there" anyway... :-D

8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Me either,one way communication with products is frowned upon in the UK.:-D

Don't take any notice of us Goldenskull:p Getting burned for 43 cents stings like a mutha:-D

9. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

If I stop shopping there, does that mean I'll have to fly directly to India or Pakistan to purchase a Slurpee? :-D

10. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I was wondering why you thanked him, I thought maybe you were heading to the States for a holiday... or an oversized argument :-D

11. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Wait! Is that how you spell it?

I don't even know what prices they charge, I go to Wawa and get ripped off by Them. They've got awesome coffee and deli sandwiches though.

(Probably only dyamond will know what I'm talking about. lol)

12. Rikky

Anyone who starts an off topic thread in the lounge gets a thanks from me from now on:)

Who cares what its about? Even Goldenskull getting burned for 43 cents :-D It cuts through the boredom:)

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

7/11 has food?

I thought the only thing you picked up there was gas...and stds.

14. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

Yeah, me too. (Those microwave burgers and nachos.)

15. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Is that the source of the gas?

16. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Only time I ever buy food at those places is when I am on a roadtrip. Handfull of beef jerky and a huge Mountain Dew will usually get me 500 more miles down the road ;)

17. Goldenskull

I don't even want to think lol:-D

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  18. Goldenskull

The real source of Gas

The Real source of gas is eating a can of beans on the way lol:-D

19. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

Re: The real source of Gas

"On the way" to what? 7-Eleven? rolleyes

20. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

I had homemade chicken soup last night with cabbage and turnips inside of it.

Been farting all day.

21. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

383793_143968105711116_100002937829477_210103_553088961_n.jpg

22. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I go every morning for the coffee and nice people. As for gas, well I have to be honest, I get it when I need it :)

23. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

This just struck me funny...today we stopped at 7-11 for a 2-liter of Coke because it was easier (read: convenience store). Price was $2.25. Then later this afternoon we went to the grocery store (read: major PITA to get in and out of). On sale 2/$3.00.

Meh, whatever. Reality says if 75 cents is that big a deal to your budget, maybe you should be spending your money on something other than soda. :-D

24. CatT

CatT I can't follow the rules

25. Rikky

There are worse ways to blow 18million.

He could have spent it on sub prime bonds:-D

26. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

What exactly do you mean by slurpees?:-D

27. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

It's his money.

28. Rikky

Exactly and he seems pretty happy:-D

[​IMG]

29. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

30. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

31. CatT

by way of comparison, charlie sheen has stated he spent "over half a million on hookers".

so we may safely conclude that this married, successful, conservative businessman-turned-politician is...36 times hornier than charlie sheen.

WINNING!

32. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Well, I guess that is one way to 'stimulate' the economy. :-D

33. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

From your link he is called a republican, not a conservative. ;)

34. CatT

fair nuff. tho he is actually less republican than he is conservative.

sort of a ron paul type. dabbles in the republican party when it suits him, but for the most part goes his own way.

caused the dem to squeak in the time he ran as a repoob, so they actually want nothing to do with him anymore. that link (howie carr) is a right-wing columnist, if it's not obvious.

funny thing is, like ron paul (more like ralph nader, to be honest), he had such an "idealogue nerd" image, no one in the state could picture him calling a hooker even ONCE. let alone...um...what, 40 thousand times....??

35. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

For $18 million, I'm sure he did more than just blow. :dood

36. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Without getting to far out of the scope of MajorGeeks, do you consider Conservative=republican=right wing?

Just asking because you mention all in this thread.

37. CatT

let me point out that i am of the tribe, before you start accusing me of conservative-bashing again!

and i only mentioned conservative the first time in the context of "family man". i would be less startled at some wild party boy/hippie/artist type availing of hookers than of a straight-laced button-down businessman.

with the exception of ted nugent and perhaps kid rock, "stark raving wild" is not exactly a phrase one routinely applies to either conservatives OR republicans....

38. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

OK, ah, yeah, understand you now. :confused :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds