trend micro housecall

Discussion in 'Software' started by laurieB, Jul 8, 2004.

1. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

so.....there i was sodding about to see what came up and trend house call says i have WORM YDORB .....noncleanable....c\programfiles\AVpersonal\l

does this mean i have a virus?
    is a worm the same as a virus?
    is this THE AntiVir programme
    or does AntiVir have a virus?

if this makes sense to anyone (and Ive no doubt it will) please advise. PS i did not delete this file as i thought id better check with you guys first

also i keep reading about hijack this logs....i haven't got any problems, but i feel left out. can i post my log for people to examine for flaws or would that just be wasting peoples precious time?.

aloha all.

2. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

looks as if your antivirus has quarantined a file. should be safe. go ahead and post the log if you want. itl give me something to do.

3. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

too cool. so i should delete it then?

as far as hijack this, i know how to get it but not how to post it. presumably i hafta stick it or paste it or some such. lol :0

4. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

there was in fact six files in the 'infected' folder. i deleted all of them. thanx
    ps. and i emptied the recycle bin.

5. terrytheturk

terrytheturk Private E-2

This is not virus related but a pain all the same,

WEBHang :- scaned cleand quantined, but it came back. nice webhang tell you on there site that you have to install it so i did, so that you can go to the progams and remove it which i did, but its still here and it brought some friends .whenU, Usearch, eXact, eZula so much for spyblaster, avg and zone alarm

so quatined and deleedeted and stuff, the only thing in my hackthis log that looks strange is HLKM openwares live update exe

All spyware collected from installing Limewire p2p so be ware.and have no ware
    Regards
    terry

6. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

did, it came up clean. thanx aloha

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds