Official Star Wars Ep III Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by capn_caveman, May 11, 2005.

1. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

Awwww.... come on.... I thought there were supposed to be some geeks around here?! Why nobody discuss Star Wars? Who's all got midnight tickets? I, unfortunately do not have midnight tickets - I'm on a plane to Florida at that time.

I'm so looking forward to seeing Vader created. I think this movie will redeem Ep I and II - not that I thought they were bad, but the general population and film critics had their way with those movies. I'm expecting the best Star Wars yet.

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I talk star wars with you,don't know what I'm talkin about I'm a startrek guy.

3. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

Star Wars, Star Trek.... They're both the same right? :confused:

4. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Live long and may the Force prosper. :D

5. Rikky

I love sci-fi films,series.At the moment I'm really dissapointed at the new startrek series enterprise,what a load of crap.I really enjoyed coming home at the end of the day and escaping to another world with new generation,I have pushed myself beyond being a startrek fan,tryin to enjoy enterprise.But the crapness is unbearable.

I love the starwars series of films,basically I enjoy everything Lucas does,I havn't watched the latest film yet being from the UK,even if its out in the cinema,I like to stall,untill it's out on DVD so I can pause it and take as many piss breaks as I want.LOL :D

6. Shiver Me Timbers

Shiver Me Timbers MajorGeek

I have to wait for it to come out on dvd. There is no theaters around here so unless you want to drive a few hours .... you wait till you can play it on your home theater.

Enterprise did suck. It wasn't because of the cast but rather the whole plot thing. I just don't understand why writers want us to keep leaping back and forth in time. I only know the word "continue" when it comes to movies and shows.

7. Rikky

A few things I dont like about enterprise
    1.the theme music,a song for a star trek theme?What a load of crap,it's the corniest,sickest,crooning,keep the faith,strong heart,must keep going peice of crap I have ever heard.
    2.The cast scott bakula just isn't a good captain full stop,wtf is that skinny english dork of a security officer doing dancing around?what a ponce.worf would rip off his head and spit down his throat,there just arn't enough strong definable characters
    3.The set and wardrobe,they were tryin to go for the blade runner,grim,dark not quite perfect future but it just looks depressing,the warddrobe,no more colourfull uniforms just blue boring boiler suites.
    4.the plot,all these stories have been done before in previous star treks,especially time travel and strange deseases,If I was a captain and was on a new planet as soon as I started getting abit sweaty I'd beem back up,it annoys me how they just stay there,time travel,ha! "lets time travel back to 2005 so we dont have to build sets or use cgi for this episode"

Things I like

Topol,she may aswell just get naked,then more people would watch it.

Right what was this thread about,o yeh star wars I havn't seen it yet LOL :D

8. StarBow1er

StarBow1er Private Spam

Way back I saw Star wars,Return of the Jedi and The Empire strikes back. I thought those movies were great!
    I never did go to see the last two. Reviews weren't that great, which is why I never bothered to watch them. If I hear this last movie is great (my nephews are going to see it so they'll tell me) then I guess I'll have to rent those other 2 movies so I'll know what's going on!

Even if I saw the last 2 movies and thought they were great, I still wouldn't stand on line at midnight to go get tickets for this one, I dont like to go to theaters that are too crowded,and you know there will be a lot of noisy kids so it wouldn't be enjoyable. No matter what, I could wait the month until it quiets down! lol

9. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

Pathetic! All you guys talking StarTrack. Soon..... You will feel the POWER OF THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE.

10. StarBow1er

StarBow1er Private Spam

I wasnt talking bout Star trek tho my brother is a Trekie. He actually goes to those Trekie conventions!

11. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

I know you weren't talking about StarTracks ... but Rikki and Shivermetimbers were. :D

Your brother actually goes to those conventions? That's AWESOME. I wonder what his post count is on majorgeeks!

Ah god... there really isn't anything to discuss on Star Wars yet huh? Suppose we'll have to wait and see next week. :eek:

12. StarBow1er

StarBow1er Private Spam

Actually, my brother doesnt go on MG or any site for that matter! Believe it or not, he doesnt like Star Wars and such! He's a Trekie all the way. Every year for Christmas and his b-day we have to look for Trekie stuff for him.
    I liked Star wars etc, better than Star Trek. So when someone catches the New movie, let me know how it is....

13. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Sergeant

One of the kids at work showed me his midnight tickets. For just a fleeting moment I thought about taking them from him. But then I remembered. I'm too old to be going out late, I need my beauty sleep. I'll do like I did the last 2, wait until they come out on DVD and rent it. I've waited this long.

Oh, I have enjoyed every single Star Wars episode. I never put any stock into what the critics think.

14. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

All I can say is - I can't wait!

They're doing a day here in the UK where one of the 5 terrestrial channels will show all the StarWars filmes back2back from 7 in the morning!!

15. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Oh, trust me, I can believe it *grins*

16. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

I totally agree. I don't want to be in a FULL theater with a bunch of people talking and yelling so you miss the important stuff that's actually being said (since dialogue tends to be few and far between -- when you miss it, you MISS it).

I'm looking forward to bringing the story to its full completion. To see how someone slowly but surely makes his choice to become more and more vindictive, cold-hearted and eventually choose "evil" OVER the many times he could have choosen "good" -- it will be a sad commentary actually, but when I was in high school and saw the "first" movie, you certainly wondered what brought Darth Vadar to the point he was at.

17. lb4norleans

lb4norleans Who 'dat

Amen to that, that last thing I want to do is suffer through the antics of some prepubescent 20 something playing with his 'light saber' in the theater with his friends, and, or some mother of 10 screaming at her kids to settle down...

Waiting for the crazies to clear out would seem the prudent plan.

Since 1977 I’ve seen all the Star Wars films in the movie house, and the effects just seem to get better and better with each film, and although critics have slammed the latest installments of the Star Wars movies, I have looked past the comments of others, and made my own opinions with each film. I have enjoyed the ride so far, and really couldn’t see this final film as being one that would disappoint.

18. Todd

Todd oddity

I GET TO GO WENDSDAY...my roommate works at a theater...

19. LoveHatesUs

LoveHatesUs Private E-2

sTaR wArS iS lYkE tOtAlLy ThE gAyEsT tHiNg In ThE wHolE lYkE eNtIrE uNiVeRsE!!!!!!!11

20. StarBow1er

StarBow1er Private Spam

oooooooooo! you are the lucky one! lol

21. newgroove

newgroove <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/089815186

I've got tix to the midnight showing.....my reasoning? Well, it should be an awesome movie but more importantly it comes out on my birthday soooooooooooooooooooooooooo why not?!? [​IMG]

2 days....

22. StarBow1er

StarBow1er Private Spam

Happy Birthday! :D

23. newgroove

newgroove <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/089815186

THANKS!! It's the big 21! [​IMG]

24. StarBow1er

StarBow1er Private Spam

now you are legal! haha

25. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds