Lifelike Female robot

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LauraR, Mar 16, 2009.

1. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

2. sicari

sicari Private E-2

i like it, but who here would really be comfortable work alongside a robot????
    I would hate to have the thought of a robot wires getting crossed and going on a human killing spree

3. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Not gonna comment on either question. :innocent

They will use Asimov's three laws of robotics to prevent such a thing:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    2. A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

In Asimov's universe, the laws were hardwired into all robot "positronic" brains.

He later add another law, above #1 - called the Zeroth Law, which stipulated that a robot must not merely act in the interests of individual humans, but of all humanity.

The first law is incomplete, however (made for a good plot complication). Any guesses as to what the problem with it is? :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

With the breastplates she looks remarkably like the figure on the front of the ESET box.

http://www.eset.com/

5. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

The actual definition of a human being as programmed in the positronic brain.;)

6. LauraR

Chicken :-D

Hopefully they'll use Asimov's laws and not Skynet's. LOL

7. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

I see sex bots coming in the near future XD

8. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

We have a winner! :highfive Exactly that - the whole set of laws, for that matter, hinge on that definition.

Yikes - me too!!! :eek

And yes, I'm a chicken . . . :-o

9. LauraR

I thought that's what blow up dolls were, abz. :p

10. abz1nthe

lol not that I know very much about it but blow up dolls don't move :p they let you do all the work? :-D

11. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

. . .lol

12. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Well, that explains my x-wife . . .

:p

13. abz1nthe

haha nice

14. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

You still wouldn't score:-D I couldn't see a video in the link so I've found one,she still walks like she's crapped her pants like ASIMO,maybe worse:-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho0lIy2Kld8

Hehe three laws safe robots:-D You know as soon as people get them home i.e 'me' your gonna download some blackmarket firmware so your robot can do cool things like beat your friends up when they come around or keep your spouse inline when the back of your hand gets sore.

Its a little silly there are so few killer robots in Irobot with Will Smith,in fact Zero robot murders on the whole planet,criminals will easily be able to wipe the three laws and reprogram them.

[​IMG]

Still wonder why its a female robot?:-D I can't insult anyone for the way they look but damn:-D

15. abz1nthe

pshh don't doubt me I am teh robot ladie's man :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds