Exchange 2003 #4.4.7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by evo_182, Sep 30, 2006.

1. evo_182

evo_182 Private E-2

Hey everyone,

I have had my exchange 2003 server set up for nearly a year now

and all of a sudden there are a couple of email address i can not send email to.

i recieve this message

" Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator <"mydomain.co.uk" #4.4.7>"

I have looked on the web and from what i understand it says that it is usally the receiver but i know that their server is working

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong???

Thanks

Dan

2. rosewoodtech

rosewoodtech Private E-2

4.4.7 Delivery time expired

The message was considered too old by the rejecting system,
    either because it remained on that host too long or because
    the time-to-live value specified by the sender of the
    message was exceeded. If possible, the code for the actual
    problem found when delivery was attempted should be returned
    rather than this code. This is useful only as a persistent
    transient error.

Or, in English, you sent a message to a mail server that wasn't responding. Messages are typically held for 4 days and retried at regular intervals. After the 4 days, the message is returned to you. The problem is not at your end... it's at the recipient's end.

Troubleshooting email is fairly easy by using the returned error code. In this case, it was a code of 4.4.7. These error codes can be referenced in the rfc1893 document at: http://www.unixhub.com/docs/email/rfc1893.txt - not necessarily the easiest document to read... but an excellent reference to get you going down the right road.

3. evo_182

evo_182 Private E-2

excellent, will read that now

Thank you very much

Dan

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds