Stuttering problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CubanSpy, Feb 16, 2007.

1. CubanSpy

CubanSpy Private E-2

Hi folks,

I have this annoying problem with my pc. it doesnt happen all the time, and is often more prevolent when running games, or running videos or tunes. It doent happen all of the time which has made it very hard for me to determine what is causing it. I have an AMD 3000+ with 1.5GB of memory.

For instance just about 5 mins ago my mouse pointer failed to respond to my movement momentarilly before shuddering in the right direction. I've tried alsorts from recoating my heatsink and processor with thermal past incase its an overheat problem. not the case. I was wondering if it had somehting to do with my harddrive or driver problems somewhere.

Like I said it doesnt happen each time i use the pc. Scratchy head time!

Thanks to you all.

M

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

It's most likely a resource problem. Seeing as it's not consistent: what's going on is that your PC's resources are at a temporary low point (meaning lots of stuff going on in the background). I would suggest a complete virus/malware scan, possible memory upgrade, and HD cleaning and defrag (by cleaning I mean use CCleaner or ATF or Zappit or a similar cleaner to get rid of junk/temps/cookies,etc) and use a 3rd party defrag like Diskeeper, IOBit, O&O, AusLogics, whatever floats yer boat.... I don't think it's anything to lose sleep over..............

hopperdave2000

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Whenever a problem happens to a pc, a little yellow triangle appears in event viewer, in applications.
    If you have a look - you probably know the route, but , just in case:
    Start, right click My Computer, left click manage, left click Event Viewer, double click on the latest yellow ytriangle subject line, and it could tell you something .
    That is, if your mouse is not on its way to the cats mouth, or, a virus has sneaked in.

4. CubanSpy

CubanSpy Private E-2

Thanks fellas, appreciate it. I tires diskeeper today and it seems to be more thorough than the standard default defragger.

Thanks for your help. I shall let you know if it all makes a difference. cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds