Logitech USB Headset not working

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aussie Cossie, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Aussie Cossie

Aussie Cossie Private E-2

I've searched the archives for this problem but can't find any references to it.

I just bought a Logitech Headset but it doesn't come with a CD. It's meant to self-install using the Win XP New Hardware Wizard. But, although Windows finds new hardware and recognises it as Logitech USB Headset, it can't find any software and thus tells me that it wasn't installed properly and may not work (no kidding!). I figure I need a driver but Logitech say they don't provide them and I've searched the web without any luck - it probably doesn't help when I don't really know what I'm looking for!

I've downloaded AIDA32 to let you guys know about my system - just tell me how to get the report to you.

Thanks very much,

Aussie Cossie

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

First off you have XP Home but what service pack is installed? as the drivers for headsets so Logitech say are included with SP2 ( or if on SP1 with this update http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822603 ) I would imagine these usb headset will be or need USB2.0 drivers.

What is the model version of headset?

Did you built this PC if so what is the motherboard make and version?
    IF pre-built ( HP, DELL etc ) what is the model version?

if you goto Device Managment ( right click My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager ) do you have any yellow ! marks, if so what?

reason for asking above three questions is I wonder if the chipset/motherboard drivers have been installed which are needed for USB2.0 drivers to be detected and installed properly.

3. Aussie Cossie

Aussie Cossie Private E-2

Thanks for your interest.

Firstly, I have SP2 installed. I've instructed the new hardware wizard to search for the software on the original WinXP CD but it doesn't find anything. As for the model of the headset, I don't know what iot is as it doesn't have one anywhere at all either on the item itself or in the very brief instruction manual. It didn't come in a box, just a plastic bag.

My motherboard is an Asus CUSI-FX Sis 630E. As I said, I'm happy to provide a report to you on my system using AIDA32 but you'll have to let me know how.

In Device Manager, I have a yellow "?" against "Other devices" then a yellow "?" with an "!" over the top against "Logitech USB Headset".

I still have the CD for the motherboard but it is from 2000 - is it worth running this?

I've also emailed the guy who sold me the headset off Ebay and he says that nobody else has had any problems. He's keen to help out as well and is doing some research for me.

Thanks again,

Andrew

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Having a read on SIS chipsets their USB device support comes from the OS and that being XP, do all your other USB devices work ok and work ok in the USB port you have the headset?

other options, taken from ASUS support;

I would if you can test the headset in another PC to eliminate that from being faulty.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds