Living on the edge of wireless

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wackywelshman, Jun 25, 2006.

1. wackywelshman

wackywelshman Private E-2

Hi, i've just moved to a campus where my flat is right on the edge of a wireless signal and as such, extremly unreliable. Does anyone know of any good ways for me to get a better signal? I dont have access to the routers/access points as they are set up by the uni, but I think they are the Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series.

I am running a Sony Vaio FR315M with a Netgear WG511T and windows xp home sp2.
    I have tried a access point with a repeater function but it didn't work as I have to connect through a proxy server and it didnt let me set anything like that up.
    Does anyone have any ideas how I can get a better signal? I'm sick of hanging out of my window to get my email!
    cheers

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds