Cannot connect to router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noordinaryspider, Jul 16, 2004.

1. noordinaryspider

noordinaryspider Private E-2

Hello, and thank you for your time and your patience with an exhausted and exasperated newbie.

I have/had an ethernet network sharing a dial-up internet connection through a D Link DI-604 for several months. This network was set up by a friend who I am no longer in contact with.

I was ready to move up to broadband and last night I (probably ignorantly) attempted to set up a connection with SBC Global by inserting the DSL Installer into the CD Drive of the host computer.

The DSL modem was connected through the router. If this was as big a mistake as I think it was, I did not know any better.

It turns out that the DSL had not even been turned on yet. When we tried to connect through the dial-up connection, the client computers could not access the internet. When I tried to access the control panel of the DI-604, the connection was refused. I can still access files from the other computers, so I know that the LAN still exists. I do not know what to do from here.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds