No sound

Discussion in 'Software' started by JAYEJ90, Aug 9, 2009.

1. JAYEJ90

JAYEJ90 Private E-2

Here is my computer info. I have no sound right now, was wondering if somebody can help.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista Black Edition™ 2009
    Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name JAYS-PC
    System Manufacturer alienware
    System Model D900T
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.80GHz, 3800 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.00, 10/25/2005
    SMBIOS Version 2.31
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
    User Name Jays-PC\Jay's
    Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 861 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 4.23 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 2.52 GB
    Page File Space 2.29 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Hi! The report above tells us very little about the PC, except that it has a questionable "release" of Vista installed and we don't know if it's 32bit or 64bit, and that the PC is an "Alienware", but they dion't actually make their own PCs, they're made by other OEMs, and this time, it's Clevo. Unfortunately, neither Clevo or Alienware supports Vista with this model (BTW- the Clevo model is D900T, the Alienware model is Area51 m7700). So I downloaded and extracted the WinXP drivers, poked around the INF files and then found the Vista drivers.... here's the links:
    Chipset Driver (Vista 32/64): http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...strOSs=163&OSFullName=Windows Vista*&lang=eng
    Audio Driver (Vista 32/64): http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_VistaWin_7_d5513.html
    Install the chipset software first, restart the PC when it's done, then install the audio driver. Since you're running an "unofficial" version of Vista, you may have consistent troubles with drivers (and other things), so be prepared, but if the Vista is stable, you should have no problems with the drivers I linked to. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
    :-D

[dlb]

3. JAYEJ90

JAYEJ90 Private E-2

Thanks I really didn't know what you talking about OEM and Clevo, but the

): http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_Hi...n_7_d5513.html is the one I need
    You is the man, Thanks again I'll try to get some more info.
    Oh my friend put the window black edition, I didn't know if it unofficial or what. But I'm try what you said and get back with you.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Oh, I was just rambling on about how Alienware doesn't actually make their own laptops. They hire out other companies to build them, and your particular model was made by the Taiwanese company Clevo; they make laptops for other companies too. I was clearing up the fact that your laptop actually has two model numbers, one from Clevo and one from Alienware. Not a big deal.

Anyway- install the chipset drivers first, restart the PC, then install the sound drivers and all should be well. ;)

5. JAYEJ90

JAYEJ90 Private E-2

Hey, it worked I would like to thank you, for the advice and everything is better, I got my sound back, yea!! Now I need to get it faster, it load slow, but I am satisfied with the help.

Thanks Jayej90 out

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds