Hello from austria

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Larusso, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

Hi all

I am a malwarefighter in training and only here to read and learn. :)

best wishes from austria.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to MGs. :)

3. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

Thank you.

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG Larusso:wave I am sure you will find plenty to learn here;)

5. schrauber

schrauber Malware Fighter

Welcome :)

6. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

Hy schrauber.

Nice to see you here :-D

Thank you TeeCee.

Study hard ;)

7. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Welcome

8. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

welcome from down under there is lots of information to be absorbed here at MG'S you will certainly learn a lot.;):-D

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Daniel, Welcome to Majorgeeks and as a malware fighter (even if only learning) you do a great job for many folk who need this crucial help.

10. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Welcome to MGs. :wave !

11. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

Thanks.

Halo, i'm trained on a german board and now i start a international training :)

I thought i know a lot but now i see that i have to learn much more. Malware in the international area is harder to remove than the german area ;)

Iwonderdownunder, i only can read the different threads, logs and have a look to the steps how to remove than :-D

12. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

[​IMG]
    to another malware fighter to MajorGeeks Support Forums!!

[​IMG]

13. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

14. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome:hyper
    Training or not It's great to know we have another fighter on our side against Nasties. And they don't discriminate on what country they attack either. So it's great to here there are international fighters out there.:major:boxing:guns Enjoy the place.

BT

15. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

HI and welcome :)

16. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

Thanks.

Here is a realy familie friendly board. (is looking for a :thumbup: smily. Cant find :cry) :-D

Let's fight together :boxing:

17. Kestrel13!

LOL...[​IMG]

18. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

:-o

That is not funny LOL

19. Kestrel13!

Oh it *is* ..:-D [​IMG]

20. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

Kestrel is mobbing me :p

21. Kestrel13!

I'm just misbehaving a little bit because I've worked hard all day like a good girl in the coldness of the malware forum LOL

22. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

She can do that because " Kes Is The Best" of the fighters here!;):-D

BT

23. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

possible but i am not sure LOL

24. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Not sure of what that she's the best? like I said "the Best"
    or that she can mob you ? She's a woman she can do anything she wants if she wants.I dear ya to test her...Never mind I'll have to clean it up afterwards.LOLrolleyes

BT

25. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome Larusso ....I do hope you will observe the threads in the malware forums. See how things are done and when you are "out of training" you may wish to contact Chaslang if you want to join the team! Lord knows we can always use the help!!

26. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

BT, that is typically for women :-D

TimW thanks for your offer. I think in one year i can send a PN to Chaslang :major

27. TimW

Not knowing your progress or commitments .....you could be ready sooner than you think! We do things a little different so it is most important to get use to our procedures! You will learn a lot! :major

28. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

I see your differents. I dont see any kind of scantools like OTL or RSIT. :confused

edit
    All logs are attached. Is this not harder to read for you?

29. TimW

MGTools produces almost everything that other scanners would look for. ComboFix will sometimes find things that aren't found by the MGTools scan. We have logs attached because inline logs make it harder to read and also because it takes longer for the page to load. And then there is the issue of malware links that may be in the inline logs, which someone may click on......:(. We do spend some time on occasion removing such links in the OP's posts.

30. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

But the research for some files is easier with inline logs. highlight right click --> google or malwaresearch :)

Sure, in the german area we dont have active links in the inline logs. Sometimes with code tags or you have to use the BB- code to get an active link. ;) Every board has an another way to work. :)

31. TimW

At some point, you will know malware by sight. And it is just as easy to copy and paste into a search engine.;)

Yes, and our procedures have been working for us for years now. :)

32. Kestrel13!

Nope, that would be Chas LOL But TY for the compliment!!

33. dr.moriarty

rolleyes Female chauvinists.. think they can get away with anything because they're female... happens everywhere on the globe!

Another benefit...with attached logs, we can download them easily and work offline on the threads with fewer interruptions.

dr.m

34. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hey, Dr.M, It's a tough job, but somebody has to train you guys, you know!!! LOL roflmao roflmao roflmao

35. dr.moriarty

:tas

And just where did you get that strange notion from... that men need training?!!!

I always liked the remark from the wise, mature Lady... who said "Choose a man who will say 'NO!' to you.. he'll save you from yourself! roflmao

36. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Maybe so, BUT, I have one also... If ya keep him BROKE, he is always HOME and not running around! roflmao roflmao

Which, by the way, I am very good at :p

Just take what is on the news now... I know somebody wasn't trained.. "Green-Fees"! roflmao roflmao

37. dr.moriarty

And you think that's a good thing?.. to have a silently infuriated man at home - because you keep him broke? rolleyes

38. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

He ain't complainiing! :p roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

39. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

OOOPPS! Did I say something truthful that hurts:-D

40. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Hello. :)

Of course German malware is easier to deal with. It is a lot more efficient and organised so it does things in a more predictable way, rather than the sloppy, "chuck ze code in" french way of doing things.

j/k, no offence to anyone.:-D

41. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

my comment --> roflmao

42. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I absolutly hate inline logs and reasoning why is that the over use of hijackthis for ever PC issue even if it's not malware related has may rhe likes of Google useless for just searching on a specific system or application exe or dll as you have to wade through tens of logs that mean nothing to the info you may want on say a exe or dll that may have a conflict with another etc etc

I don't use google any more for file searching, use one of those repositories for file types and what they are (some better than others) and clustering search engines which for me tend to be more select on the listings

also as TimW said a thread can take an age to scroll through when multiple logs are posted, which is whyvwe also advise any Everest system logs are attached too in a text file as they too can be huge and while I know what I'm looking for in them the vast amount of info they have is junk and not needed but you need the log to get the bits you do need.

I agree all sites are different but I just like and wouldn't want to change our methods.

43. Kestrel13!

I :heart Attachments :drool

44. Engineer

Engineer Guest

Welcome to MG..

45. Larusso

Larusso Private E-2

This was only a question of mine :) I'll never said that you should change your methods. But this is the first board i see without inline logs.

I also use serveral search engines but sometimes i also need google. Experience is one thing, which nobody can teach me.

Sometimes yes, but sometimes i dont know what kind of file is this.
    I remember to my first OTL Scan log.
    Research all files i dont know. That was really funny :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds