freshmeat linux themes

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kegman, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Kegman

Kegman Private E-2

Just wondering if anybody's seen themes.freshmeat.net, and, by seen, i mean gotten one of there themes opperational. It just dawned on me that most of their themes require downloadable dependencies such as the IceWM and this fluxbox, which confuses me, it seems you need to install this here x11 window system .....apparantly its compattible with UNIX and UNIX-like operating systems like Linux, and all the BSD variants. and then you need to install the IceWM Window manager to install themes with IceWM as adependency. It seems like alot of trouble for a theme and even then they don't quite say if the IceWM for x11 WS will work with the fluxbox one, just wondering if anybody's ever seen or skrewed around with these and if you have if you'd suggest it for the redhat fedora core 3.

Also, i've been running redhat for a bit now and was wondering what you guys thought about redhat compared to slackware and mandrake, i kinda get the vibe from alot of linux users that redhat's not the favorite. Thanks in advance :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds