Drive Image 7 & Partition Magic to make dual boot XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by colossal, Sep 2, 2006.

1. colossal

colossal Private E-2

Hi all

I have formatted my hard drive

C – main OS NTFS
    E- Data NTFS
    F- Used for Boot Magic (50MB)Fat 32
    G- Second OS NTFS (obviously this will be hidden and unhidden & will be C when active)

I have a known good image of a C drive. I would like to restore this to the G drive & then use boot magic to switch between the two.

I can’t seem to get the second boot to work. Is there something wrong with restoring an image that was created from the C drive & restoring it to the G drive ?

When I tried to boot into the second OS the boot was unsuccessful & hangs sometime during booting XP.

I am at work so that is my initial question. I can post back with exact error messages when I am at home.

I have also got in a bit of a mess by doing the following.

I made an image of C. Installed Bootmagic afterwards. I then restored the C image.
    Bootmagic is now no longer installed in add/remove programmes but when I try to install it I get an error, “please uninstall any previous versions of Bootmagic before proceeding”. Thinking about it maybe formatting the F drive will erase the old install & cure this problem?

I would really appreciate a bit of help with this.

Thanks & sorry for the initial lack of detail

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds