Water cooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mudshot, Aug 19, 2004.

1. mudshot

mudshot Private First Class

Not really a thred but a bit of info.

I had a WaterChill KT12A-L20 CPU/VGA/Chipset Cooling Kit for just over a year and have had no problems with leaks but did have a steady noise from the pump, my PC is left on 24/7, but just ignored it/got use to it.

Changed over to a EHEIM 1048 yesterday and I now have the quiet PC I was after, bonus bit is the temps now are 3-4 C lower.

Just goes to show kits are convienent but to get a proper kit you should shop around.

I would also mention that whilst testing over night I didnt find any leaks but must have got a spot on the 9800 and thought I had fried it but fingers crossed it dried out and is fine.

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

yeah, when going watercooled, it's best to go the diy direction to save money, although retail kits do still have their place in the grand scheme of things. When i went h2o, i remember having at least 2 weak points in the hose system: one at the pump (which i replaced to a swiftech) and one at the CPU (doh!). it was the most bizarre thing. every so often, i notice extreme issues with my video, then it disappeared. a couple times it crashed my computer. i had no clue what was going on until i looked inside and found my video card literally drenched in pink fluid. luckily, i dried it and everything went happy again:) that was a close one

3. mudshot

Hehe so thats 2-0 to us over the merchants of doom

4. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

make it 3-0. my friend's innovatek setup sprung a leak and actually killed things, so now he's all into the diy approach in h2o cooling.

5. mudshot

If anyone needs the speedfit adapters for an Enhiem pump they are available from www.altecweb.com really cheap but work excellent.

Prices approx GBP £1.75p Each :D

Still cant believe how quiet it is now, with the fans all at min its fantastic and only gets up to 48C on idle/web surfing

Fans on max its fine for Halo everything maxed out ie CPU @2125 and GPU @486/385 and never gets above 45C (CPU Temps)

I have now stopped taking the side off to make sure the pump is still going now

The system stays around 35C but it is summer :rolleyes: with a room temp of 26C

The addiction is back im thinking of a couple of window mods and a bit of UV lighting :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds