"Upgrade to Service Pack 2"?

Discussion in 'Software' started by NavinJohnson, Nov 9, 2004.

1. NavinJohnson

NavinJohnson Private E-2

Hello,
    I am trying to install Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.1 and at the end I get a pop up window that says "This version of Windows is not supported. You should upgrade to Service Pack 2 and run setup again. Setup will now terminate." What do I do from here? Thanks for any advice.

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

If you are running Windows XP, you should go to Windows Update and upgrade to Windows XP Service Pack 2. If you are running a prior version of Windows, the latest version of Acrobat Reader you can use is 5, I believe.

3. Neurotik

Neurotik Private E-2

Alternately, open the Start Menu, click on All Programs>Accessories>System Tools/Windows Update, and it will bring you to the right page automatically.

Neurotik

4. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

That would actually be Start -> Help and Support -> Pick a Task ->"Keep your computer up to date with Windows Update".

5. NavinJohnson

NavinJohnson Private E-2

I don't have a "Windows Update"

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

7. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

What version of windows are you running, XP ?
    for windows update you can go to:
    www.microsoftcom
    on the left side of page click on Windows Update youll get directed to the right page, regardless of the version of windows that your running.

Previous version of windows Can Run Adobe Reader 6.0.1 (Thedoug is wrong!)

Last thing, windows XP does not need SP2 to run adobe reader 6.0.1

8. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

9. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

10. roguetrip

roguetrip Private E-2

You don't have to install SP2 if its winXP that you have, I have WinXP pro with SP1 with all available updates that don't include SP2. Just installed Acrobat reader fine and have no problems viewing or opening files. I've heard to many bad things about SP2 to upgrade yet :p

An easier way to get to Windows Update if you have IE 4.0 and above is to open Internet Explorer and go to Tools then to windows update, this works in both 9x/2k/XP.

Make sure your logged in as admin when installing or have admin priviledges which this doesn't sound like your problem, but is just general knowledge with 2K/XP

11. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

I also have a laptop with only SP1 installed and am running Acrobat reader 6.01.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds