BSOD...Different Problems...Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by cywright, Aug 31, 2007.

1. cywright

cywright Private E-2

I've got a friend that keeps getting the blue screen of death quite frequently. Sometimes it's twice a day, sometimes every other day.

I've attached some of her minidumps here. They're not showing just one error. She gets fastfat.sys, SiWinAcc.sys, and nv4_disp errors.

We did the memory test, and ran the system with each stick of her memory separately, and couldn't find any problem with her RAM.

Is it likely that she really has three separate problems? Or is it more likely something else is causing these faults?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Attached Files:

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

First of all what OS do you have,and give us some info about comp.For "nv4_disp" this is your NVidia driver.If you have older card download 93.71 driver for NVidia Cards from here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_nvidia_forceware/tech/?1791
    Now first uninstal the old driver in Add&Remove,reboot,and install the new driver.Reboot again.

For "fastfat.sys" read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289205/
    I presume she have Windows 2000.

The "SiWinAcc.sys" is SATALink Accelerator Driver.

AND,WELCOME to MG.;):major

3. cywright

cywright Private E-2

Ooops, sorry about that...She's got XP Pro.

Her computer is a built one.

Workstation with dual processor / dual core (Quad Core)
    4 Raptor 10,000 rpm drives in a Raid 0 array for the C drive.
    4 gigs of ram
    7 silent fans
    Sound insulated oversize tower

She updated her NVidia driver. Hopefully that'll help the one problem.

Thanks so much for the help!

4. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds