The "BORG-Like" Device (augmented reality glasses) is coming!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by COMPUABLE, Apr 5, 2012.

1. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Here's a video demo

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2...e-demo-shows-off-augmented-reality-interface/

A lot of it just looks like a mobile phone HUD to me?

Lets be honest though I think Google want's us walking around with an AD board strapped on front of out face,I'm sure all the cool cloud augmentation services they will offer will be paid for with ad's and data gathering,not that there's anything wrong with ad's per say they make the world go round but would you want your reality augmented with animated banners?Pop ups while your walking down the street?

Also its one thing for Google to know what you search for and where you go on the internet but do you want them to know where you are at all times? Your actual real life habits?

Its a really cool technology though,maybe I'm getting too cynical and negative in my old age:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds