Graphics problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by tech_tac_toe, May 23, 2012.

1. tech_tac_toe

tech_tac_toe Private E-2

Hi all,

I have a graphics problem... and I'm out of ideas.

I first noticed a lag playing Diable III (aha, server problem at Blizzard's end no doubt, but no...). I've now noticed the same lag playing Football Manager and Deus Ex (both through Steam).

The games load fine, but slowly, and may run at normal speed briefly, but slow severely after anywhere between a second and a minute of play time. Once they, the game becomes completely unplayable and will not recover.

I've tried:
    - virus scans with Windows Essential Security Suite and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: no hits.
    - defrags, disk cleans, registry cleans, disk repairs, and uninstalling a bunch of old games that were taking up space: no change.
    - internet speed checks: no issues.
    - checking the graphics card status in Device Manager: running normally.
    - checking my drivers: up to date.

All three games ran perfectly fine up until yesterday, and as far as I know NOTHING has changed on the computer.

Computer details:
    Model: HP DV6-TX2120
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
    Processor: Intel i5
    RAM: 4GB

Not sure what else is relevant, so please feel free to ask.

Thank you all for your help.

2. tech_tac_toe

tech_tac_toe Private E-2

Huh, now I'm feeling awfully sheepish. Realised I hadn't tried a system restore... went back two days and everything's fine. **** knows what the issue was though. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read anyway.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds