Like to say hello and ask for help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Strainor, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Strainor

Strainor Private E-2

New on board, not very computer savy but would like that to change so I'll start by asking for help with my home computer. Explorer opens to my home page but I can't get any links or new pages to open or if they do explorer quickly goes back to the home page. Also can't navigate in the start up menu as the window closes too quickly. This also happens with any window that opens by right clicking. Ran adaware and AVG but didn't help and put new batteries in my cordless mouse. The only clue I have is in IE tools the address box for the home page fills in with boxes deleting the address. Sorry for the long read. Looking forward to one day being a contributor!

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi, and welcome to MG. :)

Try reposting in the Software Forum. Somewhere there may be able to help you.

3. Strainor

Strainor Private E-2

Thanks I'll certainly give it a try

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to the forums..

5. Strainor

Strainor Private E-2

Glad to be here. Hopefully I make it through boot camp.

6. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Hello and welcome to MGs ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds