Will my PC handle a new GFX card for gaming?

Discussion in 'Software' started by JamesWoolford, Apr 22, 2012.

1. JamesWoolford

JamesWoolford Private E-2

I was simply wondering if i decide to getter a better end GFX Card (this one usually plays crysis 1 on a small resolution and mid gfx quality) but over time, it seems to be less capable (probs because the amount of stuff on my pc and the fact i may need to update the card) ANYWAY, i was wanting a "good" gfx card (doesnt have to be amazingly great) just enough to say run GTA in high detail, say between £100-£200, is it possible? or will i need to upgrade my processor also, then a load of other things, which would end up being cheaper to buy a new pc.

Here is my DXDIAG also "My Computer" properties, don't know if you need anything more, just ask ill try to help:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

James

2. JamesWoolford

JamesWoolford Private E-2

Pics

Also:

PSU: MAX 600W

[​IMG]

CASE ADVENT:

[​IMG]

CASE INSIDE:

[​IMG]

ONLY FAN INSIDE:

[​IMG]

3. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I don't see any reason why not.
    You could upgrade that to one of the 5000 series, well actually you could upgrade it to almost anything, but cost and the need for more power would come into play.
    But you have 650w and 28A on the 12v rail so you should be ok there given your price range.

Best thing is to pick a card and let us know what you are thinking.

Looking round I see many of the GTX4-5 range are within your price but with some of the higher end ones I wouldn't like to say if your power supply has enough on the 12v rail to safely power it.

Also you may want to think about adding some fans to your case as GPU's are getting warmer, especially the Nvidia's.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds