Just popping in to say hi

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cindysnoopy, Oct 6, 2004.

1. cindysnoopy

cindysnoopy Shotgun!

Hope Eric didn't start a thread just like this!

We're on our vacation. Miss everyone, but we're having a great time. We built a swingset for the kids. They love it. The thing was unbelievable. I couldn't believe how much hardware came with it! Took us almost 3 days to get it set up, leveled and anchored down.

Eric built a dock for our canoe. He's gone out a couple of times with Kolya, but it's generally been a bit too windy for it to be much fun. They did a little fishing off the dock, but the fish just haven't been biting. Still fun.

I've been doing a lot of cooking and baking. Enjoying my new bread machine and our ice cream maker. We've been eating really well. Have some big juicy steaks in the fridge that I've got to marinade tonight and we'll have them for dinner tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to be on that hockey team when I get back from vacation to work off all the weight I put on this vacation!

We've rented movies, played Monopoly, Sorry, Boggle. Went to some garage sales last weekend and got some great prizes. Mostly stuff for the kids, but I got Eric an antique pipe stand for his pipes for $5.00 (and no he doesn't smoke, they're just for decoration :) )

It's been really relaxing. The kids have been getting up and watching a movie in the morning giving us an extra 45 minutes sleep most mornings, and we've really been enjoying the weather. It's real mild fall weather. My favorite! I bought some bulbs and planted them for flowers in the spring. Still have another week here, but it will be good to get home. I'm a little homesick already knowing that my friends Marty and Jesse are going to be at the house while we're gone and we're only going to miss them by a day or 2. HEY MARTYP! Let us know how things go, OK?! Love you guys.

Well, my time's up. Gotta run. Talk to you all later!

Cindy

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Great to hear you're having a good time!

Thanks again for the Crossing CD and attachments, they were well recivied :) I will be sending some people some "RL" mail in the future, probably when the hurricaine season ends ;)

I love Autumn weather too! I think the colours are amazing :) The feel to the air at that time of year is really nice too :) Cold, but refreshing. I think it is quite romantic, in a way, too. In a good year it is a nice "introduction" to winter, it lets you cool off from the summer! ;)

Hope to hear from you guys soon! :)

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Yeah, it's refreshing to know that there is life beyond the computer.. I'm afraid this geek is a lost cause though ;)

4. BluesMan

BluesMan Sgt. Snot Bubble

Hi Cindy! Glad to hear you guys are having a great time on your vacation. Take lots of pics and share them with us when you can.

Randy :D

5. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

No, Eric didn't start a thread just like this one. He dropped a baseball thread in. :D Glad you guys are having fun. Store it up for the winter. ;)

We expect pictures when you get home... as usual... (demanding, aren't we?)

6. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

For the love of sane, don't leave him home alone again! We have not finished replying to the last time you did that!!

:rolleyes:

7. LadyLaraCroft

LadyLaraCroft elfette

Sounds wonderful Cindy :) Give the kids a big hug for me! (Is Kolya still dancing? I really hope so!) :)

Miss you lots, tell Eric I said hiiii!:D

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Hey LLC! Not seen you about for a good while! Nice to see you dropping in today :)
    Y'know we were all worried about you with all this hurricaine business.... :eek:

9. LadyLaraCroft

LadyLaraCroft elfette

ah! Good to see you Goldy *hugs* how's everything?

ohh, sorry for not stopping in much :( Have been so busy with school, and theatre, and dance...(what else is new?)

10. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

*hugs* right back at ya ;)

Same here, really, minus theatre and dance, plus running two completley different companies and drawing comics :D It gets rather hectic!

11. LadyLaraCroft

LadyLaraCroft elfette

Wow! That's awesome though :) I know it gets hectic, but it's very rewarding!

Good luck with everything Goldy :)

12. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Yes, it is very rewarding :)

Part of drawing the comics involves sitting in a coffee shop all day. Can't be bad! Shame I've not got around to it yet.

13. LadyLaraCroft

LadyLaraCroft elfette

Awesome! I wish I could do that. One of my favorite places is Barnes and Noble (not sure if they have them in the UK), but it's a bookstore and has a little cafe area where you can bring your books over and look at them while having a coffee. A lot of college students go there to study and do homework.

I'm looking to get a job there, when the time's right :)

14. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Cool :D A bit like the one in Ellen (thats just come on abc1 over here, lol)

15. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

Glad to hear you and Eric are having fun. Wish I knew you were going, where and that you liked to canoe. Jean (the wife) and I might have came to visit, break bread, and canoe since we are just a couple of hours south of Chi-town and I'm assuming you are fairly close to home. BTW, wanted to let you know that we are joining a new church (new to us that is) in Bloomington. It's Eastview Christian Church, really HUGE and wonderful people. One of these days I have to speak to you about coming to visit you and Eric at JesusPeople as I'm very interested in seeing this place you guys call home. Anyway, next time let me know when Eric and you are going canoeing and I just may load up my 18 1/2 foot Alumacraft and join in the fun! Can't canoe too much in my opinion. Take care and have a great time Cindy.

Jack aka Wraith......

16. cindysnoopy

cindysnoopy Shotgun!

We're Back!! Had a great time. I'll post pictures as soon as I unpack the camera.

Jack, it looks like we're about an hour and a half west of you as far as I can tell. I think we drive through Bloomington when we go out there. At least, I recall seeing the Bloomington/Normal exit. Eric would know better than me. I can't find my way out of a paper bag :eek: Would be an absolute blast to meet up with you in Bushnell sometime! We've got a great lake. There's good fishing (most of the time - we didn't have any luck this trip) and there are a couple of beach areas for the kids to play at (one is even partial shade!) This was probably it for us for this season, but maybe next spring or summer. We'd love to have you come visit us in Chicago as well. Let us know when is a good time for you and we'll get it set up with our visitor housing. Just give us a little notice so we can plan on being in town. We even have youth groups who come and do their missions trips at our place. They can always use the help at the shelter or even here at our house doing the day to day stuff. If you think your church's youth group would be interested, let me know and I'll give you the Youth Group Coordinator's email address.

I used to canoe every week when I was in high school. I was on a girl scout canoe team (The Mean Green Canoe Team :D ) and went to a couple of races. Never won, but it sure was fun! We practiced on the Brandywine River in PA right near Delaware. The canoe that we've got now is one that we rescued from the dumpster. It's got a pretty wicked dent along the spine (the spine is dented in) and there were a few leaks as well. We patched them, and it's lake worthy. :) It was free, and we've definitely gotten our money's worth from it! lol!

17. cindysnoopy

cindysnoopy Shotgun!

Oops, just saw that the link I posted isn't right. I'll have to get the right one later. See, told you I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag! :eek:

18. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Welcome home Cindy, and Eric too. Been missing you guys the last few months; you've been busy!

Looking forward to pictures and details. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds