Cannot connect to computer on WinXP network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Roy Mustang, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang Private E-2

I am having a little bit of network difficulty here. There are 3 computers on the network I've set up here at the office. Two are running WinXP and one is running Win2K. We have a Linksys WRT54G router. From my boss's computer, I can connect to either of the two other computers like normal. I can copy files to and from the other two computers. The two other computers can connect to each other fine as well. However, if I try connecting to my boss's computer from either of the two other computers, I get an access denied(no permissions) error message. My computer and my boss's computer are both running TrendMicro PC-Cillin 2006 with windows firewall turned off. I have tried adding an exception to his firewall to allow my computer's IP address to connect. I have tried shutting off his firewall and my firewall altogether. All computers are in the same workgroup.

I saw in another forum that someone mentioned modifying the the HOSTS files on both computers but I am unsure how to do this or if it's even worth trying for my particular problem.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Might need to set up the exact same users on each computer and logon to them once ....see it that works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds