Well, that was cool!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sgt. Tibbs, May 15, 2010.

1. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

So...imagine my shock and amazement when I get the mail today and find out my unemployment got approved! It's not a ton of money, but it's a whole lot more than the $60.00 per month I was looking at until the hockey season starts again in late October. If I could do it without ruining my knee further, I'd do a happy dance! LOL

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Congratulations to you. I am glad you got it.

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Nice! Congratulations, every little bit helps. :)

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Good deal!!! It is certainly nice to see all these good news threads in the lounge for a change!! ;)

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Congrats, Sgt. Tibbs, it is about time! :clap :clap That must have been a real good surprise, too. I am happy for you!:)

@ TimW: Agreed!;)

6. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Excellent :)

7. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

I just figured it out. My income will now exceed my expenses by darn near $50.00 per month! LOL LOL LOL

(expenses being my phone and personal items...if it wasn't for my mother, I'd have been living in a cardboard box down by the river months ago)

8. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Surely you should start repaying your mother, say by $50 a week?;)

9. TimW

Sorry, the lot is full. We arent taking any more people down here!!!! :-D

10. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Your cake stash taking up all the space is it?:p

11. TimW

No, it's all these dang women around here telling me what I should be doing!! :-D:-D

12. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I may not be a woman, but I can tell you to eat more cake!;)

13. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I bake cake quite regularly...surely you could make some room for me! :-D

14. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

As if he needs to be told to.:-D

15. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Well that's good to hear, I take it your disability never got approved?
    Sorry I lost track I suppose :-o

16. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I'm not eligible for disability because I am "employable" in areas other than my chosen industry. They do not take into consideration that no one, especially in Michigan, is going to hire someone on crutches with a pre-existing injury requiring major surgery when there are 150 people applying for each position available.

This is why I stay out of political debates, particularly when they concern health care reform or welfare. :-D

17. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Well, when your right your right ;)

18. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Hey Sarge! Glad to hear that someone came to their senses and gave you what you deserved!:celebrate At least now you can keep 'body and soul' together until you can get back on your feet again. Way to go girl!!;)

19. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I have a friend in that position, high rise wondow cleaner, fell and smashed his heel, by doctors orders cannot do any physical labour any more but is not qualified for a desk job, yet they say he is capable... stupid governments.

Congrats though, that extra $50 a month could get you 2 lovely feasts at MaDonalds!! :strong Yeah, I know, my priorities are all messed up :-D

20. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Hey, good to read that your S.S. payments have been approved. Money alone doesn't buy happiness, it's true. But it does, perhaps buy a better standard of misery.:-D
    [Costs -$50.00= Misery; Costs + $50.00 = Happiness. Old Jungle Saying;)]
    Take care and good luck, Tibbsy. :)

21. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I quote Del Boy here, "Money isn't everything and doesn't bring you happiness, but it sure takes the sting out of being poor"

22. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

They are indeed. You could buy a PC game for that money! :neener

23. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Thats a very good point and one which I will have to be considering next time I have $50.... maybe a conversation with the wife about that :-D

24. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

What awesome news, Tibbs! I bet that was a relief. :)

25. silas

silas MajorGeek

That is one of the big things I really hate about the system in the USA. Sorry to say this in the thread but I fell for you and know what how it sucks.. and maybe worst. But my family member has a disease in which they lose there functions of walking, talking, swalloning and anything and everything. They were denied by Gov all 3 times (3 times you can try to get it) and they refuse.. with all the paper work, test and etc.. saying this and that..They still to this day dont have help by goverment because by what the people said exactly.. was"you can get hired at walmart where the disables are hired and made there to greet people coming in" now that was very mean and mess up to say.. plus what the heck.. and now few years later in wheelchair at age 26 (and is now like an old person needing care) yet the Gov believe and still says that she does not need assistance/disabled!? Come say that to my face outside please kind sir... Another thing is I have another family member disabled said they were able to get job else where.. well they cant do nothing as well, cant stand, cant barely move, just horrible. Anyways after very exspensive lawyer fees and etc..to fight gov they finally got there good 400 bucks a month (after 3 years of no income) and living in a house/bills adding up.. Thanks gov..(plus no back pay) but oh well.. Gov is Gov.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds