Rank

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JohnNitro, Sep 18, 2004.

1. JohnNitro

JohnNitro Private First Class

how do you move up in rank

2. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

post more.

3. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

If your SPECIAL LOL hopfully you wont end up with MY RANK,,a moderator got ME GOOD , Forever I am the Infection of the boards :p :p :p ,,,LOL ,,also don't forget to have a click at my rank LOL Glenn :) :)

4. JohnNitro

cool thanks for the info.....also I done know how fast my internet connection is or what it is on how to make it faster. I know its not dial up and it loks like a cable connection but not sure what type can anyone help me with this

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

run this test http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/default.asp then post the resulting speed.

6. JohnNitro

Your Internet Connection
    Speed Results

File Size: 150.005 KB
    Time Elapsed: 2.36 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

508.48 Kbps
    (63.56 KBps)

7. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

John a warm welcome to MG site !!!
    FYI,,, The Support forum is a GREAT place to get teck advise, to post information not pertaining to the link specific ,is concidered hijacking a thread,,,no biggie just wanted you to know ,,,,for future posts, ;) ,,teck stuff up there , the lounge is for off topic materials :) :) :) ,,,PS your connection is 1/3rd that of a full adsl line,,,not bad at all , should suite your needs,Unless you have to have a faster connection, for perhaps business reasons, Glenn

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

How can he hijack his own thread?

512kb Broadband is ok and maybe only what your ISP offers if you know your ISP you can ask them about increased speed in services of 1mb+ but you will be paying more per month for the speed increase... one thing to ask yourself is do you really need more speed?

as for tweaking DSL or Cable then you can adjust a few settings but they a minimal gains and as 508kb/s is nearly full speed on a 1/2 meg connection I would leave alone.

9. JohnNitro

it just seems not to be going at fast

10. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

LOL guess you are right LOL my bad,,,just a change of topic ,,and quick note for other teck questions ,,,hehehe,,sorry all,,,Glenn

11. JohnNitro

I tried the test again looks faster
    File Size: 150.005 KB
    Time Elapsed: 1.76 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

681.84 Kbps
    (85.23 KBps)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds