Bare HDD.. HP Recovery Disks... Vista, other s/w won't load

Discussion in 'Software' started by maggieboby, Aug 8, 2010.

1. maggieboby

maggieboby Private E-2

Brand new Samsung bare HDD. Ordered Recovery Disks from HP for that specific model, etc.

Installed HDD (Physically), put the recovery cd in and let it 'do it's thing'... Never did load right - would shut down/restart over and over.
    Thought maybe the recovery disk was bad, so HP sent us a new one...

Started the process all over again.. seemed to start the process ok. Got to where it kicked out the cd, restarted and said it was loading software. Let it go and it ended up going to a blank screen with just a cursor on it.
    Tried re-starting it, seemed to TRY to load Windows all the way, but never did.

I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. It's my understanding that this recovery disk should work for a bare hdd.. am I wrong? If so, what can I do?
    HP dv6245us w/ Vista home premium...

Thx :)

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

3. maggieboby

maggieboby Private E-2

Yep, I did.. Started the new thread for a couple of different reasons:
    1: I was leaning along the lines that the HDD needed formatting (as in the "old days")
    2: I wasn't getting much action on it and
    3: I ended up getting new disks from HP... but they didn't work either. So it seems that HP needs to send us different recovery disks w/ a supplemental disk to possibly correct the issue. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds