windows 7 password recovery

Discussion in 'Software' started by llcoolbiggs, Jan 27, 2015.

1. llcoolbiggs

llcoolbiggs Private E-2

I have been working with majorgeeks for a malware issue recently, however after doing the steps to get rid of it somehow my fingerprint scanner I use to login in laptop won't let me to login, it states please input input password to activate scanner (I'm thinking the malware caused this). Now my computer is asking for a password that I don't remember. Is there a way to recover my password? Or will I need to reformat/reinstall windows 7? If I have to go that route will the malware that affected my computer that started this mess be completely gone or there still a chance it will still linger? Thanks for all your help.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Wipe the drive first with something like MiniTool Partition Wizard then reformat/reinstall Windows. I've found that just formatting the drive from the install CD/DVD will leave remnants of the previous Windows installation which, invariably, causes problems.

Wiping the drive will also ensure you're rid of the malware.

3. llcoolbiggs

llcoolbiggs Private E-2

Thank you for the reply. I have a question how do I install the program, if I can't login to my computer? Thanks for all your help.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. llcoolbiggs

llcoolbiggs Private E-2

Is there a program to burn the iso onto a usb? Or even a cd? Prefably usb. Thanks again for your help.

6. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

7. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

You don't need extra software in order to burn an iso to disc in Win 7. Just right click the iso file and the function is right there. You do need software to burn to USB, though I'll not recommend anything as I rarely use it.

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds