IP banned

Discussion in 'Software' started by theace1002, Jan 28, 2015.

1. theace1002

theace1002 Private E-2

I apoligize if this is in the wrong section but I didnt see any kind of networking section.

So the situation here is i forgot to turn off my torrenting program when i left my house the other day. When i got to school i didnt realize it was still running and a DMCA complaint fot sent to the school which resulted in my laptop getting IP banned from the network. I can connect to the router but i cant connect to the internet. I know its just an IP ban because i can still log in with my student id on my phone. I have tried downloading several different VPN software and tried setting up proxies but neither have worked. Is there any kind of workaround i could use? My laptop is a MSI GP70 running windows 7.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

There is no work around. You will have to contact the school and work out the situation.

3. theace1002

theace1002 Private E-2

Well thats disappointing. I appreciate the quick reply

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Also FYI, IPs change.. MACs "do not", so they most likely banned the MAC of that laptop.

5. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Now there's a hint. ;) You need to take it up with the IT Admin. Any way what you were using school's bandwidth was probably illegal downs or ups on torrent. you got flagged!! Period.

Cheers..

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds