vid card drivers kills system

Discussion in 'Software' started by wickedtaylor, May 9, 2003.

1. wickedtaylor

wickedtaylor Private First Class

ok its seems like eveytime i try to install my vid card drivers my comp wont reload back into windows dont know y but it does and i have to goback into safemode and use system restore to get windows to load right again but it only happens when i load the vid card drivers i have used 3 diff types 1 being the one that came with the card and 2 off the nvida site. the card im using is the 4200 Ti 8x my system specs r at the bottom. if anyone knows what i showed do let me know plz and it started doing this on after i swoped cases... ive done a complet wipe and reinstall of my sysem and still no luck

2. Johner

Johner Private First Class

What do you mean "everytime"? Did you had other video card and switched to this new card? Have you check your bios lately? Also to see if 8x is enabled if your motherboard support it. You can just use drivers from nvidia. If you had old card, uninstall drivers and applications that came with older card then reinstall nvidia drivers. Have you can try win xp repair to see if that helps?

3. Redeye

Redeye Private E-2

Does your monitor support the resolution & refresh set by the drivers you install ?

4. wickedtaylor

wickedtaylor Private First Class

no i didnt have another vid card in ...it started after doing a complete wipe and reinstall of my HD and yes my monitor is good ....and as for Bios im in the dark there ..but i have wiped and reinstalled 3 times to make sure its not nothing i loaded wrong no i didnt try XP repair cause thats what caused me to wipe and reinstall my comp and also what caused this problem
    cause when i used win xp repair it took my HD and moved them around instead of C and D it made them F and G and my Vid card quit working

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

actually myself i have been having some problems with that card myself, what make is it? if its a creative ill be more interested, since thats what ive got. Probably going to do a repair on XP since its been fookin me about a bit recently.

You tried the drivers you got from the CD you got with the card?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds