OE will not connect to server

Discussion in 'Software' started by tjet, Mar 19, 2005.

1. tjet

tjet Supersonic Majorgeek

I am a Comcast customer and Outlook Express will not connect to the mail server.
    I get this error message:

The host 'maill.comcast.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'maill.comcast.net', Server: 'maill.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

I googled the error message and found out it means the server is down for maintainence.
    I can access my account by logging on to Comcast and using the mail box on my homepage.
    Even with my Zone Alarm and Norton AV '05 turned off it will not work.
    I tried contacting Comcast customer service and after trying everything again plus deleteing my account and redoing, it the tech says it is not a Comcast problem.

I am using:
    ZAP
    Norton AV 05
    Ad - Aware
    Spybot S&D
    Spyware Blaster
    Spyware Guard
    MRU Blaster
    Win XP - SP2 with all updates

2. tjet

To bump myself (Wow, traffic is up since I joined), I will say that all settings have been double checked and Comcast determined that their end of it is OK and gave me the MS 1-800 # and wished me luck.

3. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

Sure you've got it spelled right in your settings?

4. tjet

SOLVED !
    User needs to contact spectacle shop for hardware upgrade. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds