Please Help! Folders locked after running scans

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dragon, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Dragon

Dragon Private E-2

Yesterday I was having a problem getting rid of some bugs. I posted the problem in the malware forms and then did all the scans that I was supposed to do. The funny thing is that right after I posted that thread, I found the bugs with ad-aware and I was finally able to quarantine and restart. So the bugs are gone.

My only problem now is that my folders were locked (My Videos, My Pictures, My Music) possibly from running those scans and following the instructions. I am not sure if they were locked from ccleaner or combofix or Mgtools. But they are locked and I seriously need to unlock them. Please help! :(

I have uploaded a screenshot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> My only problem now is that my folders were locked (My Videos, My Pictures, My Music) possibly from running those scans and following the instructions. I am not sure if they were locked from ccleaner or combofix or Mgtools. But they are locked and I seriously need to unlock them. Please help! Dragon <<

Hello there, Dragon... No need to panic about this problem, honestly. ;)

The following link leads to a thorough; but easy-to-follow step-by-step instructional guide (with pictures as well) which should most definitely help you out with this problem:

Click Here: How to Remove the Lock Icon from a Folder in Windows 7

Side Note: Another longer and far more explanitory guide regarding this 'folders locked' problem can be found here

Good Luck!​

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  3. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

You should not make any changes to your computer, other than as directed to do in you're thread in the Malware Removal Forum. You have a response from Kestrel13! Impatience is not a virtue when dealing with malware. You have no guarantee that Ad-Aware removed all the malware. Making changes that you were not instructed to do will quite probably make the malware removal process take longer.

4. Dragon

Dragon Private E-2

Thanks Compuable! :)

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

6. Dragon

Dragon Private E-2

:-o ok.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds