Realtek ALC883 Audio help

Discussion in 'Software' started by mik33, Mar 17, 2007.

1. mik33

mik33 Private E-2

Howdy make sure to tell me if this is in the wrong place I'm not quite sure what kind of issue this qualifies as and I'm in desperate need of help at this point...I recently bought a new motherboard and processor and I'm having terrible trouble with the ALC883 audio on my motherboard. Basically I installed the driver and now can't get the sound to work on anything my computer does I.E. games music videos. The motherboard is an MSI p965 platinum edition and I have windows xp home edition sp2. Thank for your help and I'm sorry that this was so poorly written. Edit : I failed to mention that the sound works when I do the speaker test but not on anything else. Hence I figured it was a software issue all help is appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Hi Mik33. Welcome to MG. :)

Have you checked under Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices that the Mute isn't checked. Under the Advanced button in that section you'll find the Play Control. Check the output isn't muted there too. Also check the Advanced button there and see if the 1 digital output only is checked - you may need to uncheck it.

Also under the Advanced button in the Speaker set-up section check you have the right speaker set-up.

3. mik33

mik33 Private E-2

Thank you very much for the help, but alas, I figured out what was wrong...It just took some tweaking to get the software really is kind of confusing / annoying to use but if you mess with it for a few hours it works thanks so much for the help.

4. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Well glad you got it working in the end.

What did you have to do by the way?

5. mik33

mik33 Private E-2

All I did was uninstall and reinstall the drivers then go to the control panel and set it so my audio controller was the Realtek ALC883. This for some reason after the 4th time of doing the same thing (I'm into redundancy =) )...anyways by some freak of computing it's working and I'm not complaining too much but thanks for the help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds