virus symptoms, plz help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by douglord, May 5, 2010.

1. douglord

douglord Private E-2

yesterday i recieved a virus on my dell laptop. it is trying to get me to buy a fake antivirus software saying i have 6 email viruses.. i don't use my email on my laptop. it wont let me in task manager to exit the program nor will it let me open my personal antivirus software (obviously is outdated but i'm definitely going to stop being lazy and renew once i get this fixed). I tried to go to control panel to set a restore point but once i click set restore point it kicks me out and keeps popping up a message asking me if i want to open my antivirus to fix the problem and popping up a fake antivirus program that will scan and show viruses which i think aren't real. have you ever heard of this? or am i even making sense? plz help, thanks.

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

3. douglord

douglord Private E-2

ok thank you. i'm at work but when i get home i will.

4. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Yes welcome Douglord. There is a good chance you'll be able to download and run the scans at least in safe mode. But be patient and follow the instructions to the letter. :wave:wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds