internet cache

Discussion in 'Software' started by jimmyhoffa, Dec 7, 2003.

1. jimmyhoffa

jimmyhoffa Private E-2

hi guys, i need your help with something. i am using win xp home and am trying to set my internet cache to the best setting for max performance. do you have any ideas? thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Never really bothered with that setting too much apart from set it to 10mb in size it seems to be an ok size but as I have always dumped the Internet Cache on re-boot.... I dont gather junk and old page data.

but reading some stuff over the years a general feeling comes out of setting it to these..........

Fast Connection ( Cable, DSL ) - 5 to 10mb
    DUN - 25mb or so is about right.

I guess their is no real right or wrong setting for this SO I would just go with what you feel is enough space you are willing to allocate to the IE cache.

3. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

xflat, his Internet Cache would be his Internet Explorer TIFs folder, wouldn't it? ...Not his virtual memory (/disk cache/swapfile/Pagefile), eh?

So, JimmyHoffa, I'm thinking you should go to Internet Options to the slider you already know is there, and follow Halo's advice. For broadband, anything over 100MB is a waste of space, but IO defaults to over a thousand MB. You don't really need the cache much on DSL/Cable, cuz the loading is so fast.

4. jimmyhoffa

jimmyhoffa Private E-2

thanks guys i'll give it a shot.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds