getting rid of wmi/wbem

Discussion in 'Software' started by jbirdie, Jan 28, 2007.

1. jbirdie

jbirdie Private E-2

i have been trying for months to get a 'real' answer to the question as to whether or not i can delete, not rename, the wmi/wbem stuff in my windows directory. seems everybody gives the same lame blather that microsnot does. let me ask nicely: can i delete wmi/wbem safely from my computer...i am a solo user with 2 machines and a router, thats all, no enterprize crap here, just me surfin, newsgroup readin, and emailin. i just hate to have crap on my computer that doesnt belong there! and yes i have asked about zerox, msn gaming zone etc etc ad nauseum. thanks for hearin my rant and answers you may offer. tkz for some real english replies, aloha

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

No you cannot delete the WMI stuff because it is also used for interprocess communications. The Wbem stuff I don't know about.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds