Windows Stop Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by pmp6nl2, Mar 4, 2007.

1. pmp6nl2

pmp6nl2 Private E-2

Hello,

Every so often my computer will randomly pop up a blue screen then restart. I was told that it is a windows stop error. Of course I emailed Microsoft and they never responded.

I would really appreciate your help, as I am tired of the restarts every fews days.

I believe I have attached the files that windows referenced after it restart and told me of the critical error.

Thank you for your help

P.S I am running Windows XP Home SP2

Attached Files:

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Error 1000000a

This stop error is pretty general and can be cause by either a faulty driver or failing hardware.
    Have you added new hardware or programs ? Try temporary removal to see if the fault stops. Try also disabling restart on halt to see if a faulty driver/device is named. The error has been reported when sufficient extra hardware has been added to overload the power supply.

Also make sure you have adequate free space on your Windows drive, clear all cache and temp files. Then run Check Disk , System File Checker and Defrag in that order.

If you need more detailed help with any of this post again.

Oh and welcome to Major Geeks

Studio T

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds