Dell sees two floppy drives!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mliston406, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Mliston406

Mliston406 Private E-2

Hey Everybody, I want to that you all for help in the past. So I have a new question. My Brother got a new comp at his job and gave me the old one,. I think it's a dell. (intel 850 chipset, 1.6meg four memory slots). Anyway put xp on it last night and when I started it this morning It crashed. (windows could not start correctly) So after messing around in recovery console for a while I decieded to reformat from scratch. (last time had win2000 on same hd) And all went well, Exept now it shows TWO 3.5 floppy drives in "my computer" I only have one. I noticed that to reformat the disk this time it was using the network as the first boot device, I changed it to use cd as first, and it was easy. Anyone help? Please? Also how do I identify the make and model? Any help will be appriceated!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds