Sound issues with realtek hd audio and delta 66 sound card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gfish24, Aug 23, 2009.

1. gfish24

gfish24 Private E-2

Hey guys,

I have a Compaq Presario SRN5250nx that came equipped with windows Vista Home premium 32 bit operating system and came with the Realtek HDaudio which I have my speakers running on...

Now I have installed a Delta 66 soundcard for recording and mixing... that went fine, however the realtek audio has disappeared from my device manager, and will reappear once the soundcard is removed?? I'm not able to even access the realtek icon with the soundcard in as it is unresponsive??

I've updated the D66 sound card with the newest drivers for the system and it seems the only way to get sound would be to run in through the sound card, which I'd rather not do cause that would mean I'd have to go and buy new speakers which I'd like to avoid....

Optimally the soundcard would be enabled for recording then disable for any playback.... any thoughts or help would be much appreciated....

2. MR.T

MR.T Private E-2

In your device manager try trouble shooting the sound card, i had the same problem with my old laptop, but if you troubleshoot it, it should come up with "search for updates" or sumthing around that area, if so click on that and it will come up with "apply the fix?" click on that and it should start working again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds