Best Steak EVER

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fred_G, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

OK, a friend hooked me on cooking my steaks in a skillet, using canola oil. Tried it with olive oil as well. But, my vent can't quite get rid of the smoke, and while they are good, the oil gives it a bit of an off taste and smell.

So, I was thinking, what is the best oil to use to cook with... Bacon. Yes, tossed a couple of pieces of bacon in for a bit, and cooked the steak in the grease.

It was just mother (blanking) awesome! :-D

Just a little salty, will have to reduce salt on the prep part of the steak. With a nice fruity Pinot Noir wine...

You can't beat that with a football bat. ;)

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I got to find my glasses......I thought this thread was "The best streak ever!!" :-D

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Well the steak did streak down Fred_G's throat... he didn't have time to take a picture. :tas

4. crookedbandit

crookedbandit Sergeant

Fred, u being a "southern" gent ,u should have known about bacon grease an the flavors it can enhance, but I guess an "ole dog" can learn a new trick !!!!!! lol

5. crookedbandit

crookedbandit Sergeant

sorry 2 "rib" u on that! lol:yum

Attached Files:

6. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Am I the only one that read it as "Steak"?...:p Steak's an expensive commodity in this part of the world. Which is not right as we grow the creatures here.:yum

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I should have... cook my eggs in bacon grease. Just never put the two together in my mind.

Musky, my dog will eat the gas hose on the grill, so I keep it inside. Some damn wasps made a nest in the gas line, will have to clean it out.

As far as streaking, that would not be pretty... I did have some good wine with the steak, no telling what I typed. :-D

Bacon grease and nudity don't go together all that well. Kinda like "here, hold my beer and watch this".

8. crookedbandit

crookedbandit Sergeant

sure it does ...if its a hot babe !!!!:p

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  9. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Babe? :confused
    Isn't that a pig? Bacon comes from pigs...:-D

10. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Not at all.

Steak is yum-yum... :yum

11. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Steak and beer is proof there is a god, and he loves us.

12. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Club steak marinated in Stubb's.

:drool

[​IMG]

13. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Done with liquid marinaides. Just salt and pepper for me now.

14. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Sounds good Fred. :) I've never tried bacon fat, but I do wrap a slice of bacon around the edge of Filet Mignon and its awesome. I'm not a huge fan of filet, but when I cook it, that's the best. :)

15. Gensuknives

Gensuknives Grand pooty-meister

Have to agree with the outside grillers. Either BBQ brickettes or propane. Great for our southern spring and summer weather outdoors. And a nice glass of wine with it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds