High Speed usb device plugged into Non hi speed USB Hub

Discussion in 'Software' started by hyepride213, Aug 18, 2004.

1. hyepride213

hyepride213 Private E-2

hi, i just bought a extenal CDRW/DVD drive by artec, and when i plug it into my computer onto a USB 2.0 port, it says "High Speed usb device plugged into Non hi speed USB Hub", i know im using usb 2.0 so thats not the problem, my brother alos has usb 2.0 on his computer so i tryed it on his and still get the same message, anyone know what i can do to fix this? we are both running windows XP pro, i have a P4 2.0ghz and he has AMD 800 mhz

2. Kaotic

Kaotic Private E-2

Judging by the size of your processor I would guess that if you have USB 2.0 it is only available on one port. Have you tried plugging the device into other USB ports on your computer ? If not I would give that a try. If you still have problems check your motherboards manufacturer's website and look for the USB 2.0 driver. More than likely it will tell you to just install XP Service Pack 1 or 2 .

3. Nirvana_CN

Nirvana_CN Private First Class

What system board do you have? You may need newer drivers?

Also as Kaotic said, some older systems boards only had USB 2.0 in certain ports, if you have any at the front of your PC, they tend to be the slower add on USB ports.

4. hyepride213

hyepride213 Private E-2

i have a MSI MS-645, but i cant find the drivers for it?? can someone pls help. i checked the MSI site but they didnt have it., thanx in advance

5. Kaotic

Kaotic Private E-2

Judging by what little information I could find on your motherboard, I have come to the conclusion that it does not support USB 2.0 . As for your brothers computer the only way to see if his board supports it is to post the name and brand of the board in this thread. However noticing that he only has an AMD 800 , I would put my money on his board not supporting it as well. If course I may be wrong so wait for others opinions.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds