Woman on-board

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by MojoMama, Feb 27, 2008.

1. MojoMama

MojoMama Private E-2

Hey, guys

Stopped in to say hello and check out the forums and all the information I can find regarding my computer and safety software, etc. and blah-blah. I am very impressed by this website (Major Geeks).

Currently looking for the best browser I can get my hands on. Having major issues with IE7 (uninstall, DLL files missing); Firefox will not open; had to resort to Opera, which isn't so bad, really.

Spent about two hours on the phone yesterday with a Dell support techie who disconnected the call (by accident?). Issue was not resolved.

Have internet security suite software. I am getting pretty paranoid about the internet and Windows, in particular. I almost dread turning on my PC each day, but it's my window to the world outside.

Wow, I'm not really such a downer and if you feel like sobbing right now, my apologies. I'm a bit frustrated, but I think that I've finally found a forum here that is going to become #1 on my Favorites list.

Once I get the PC junk sorted out (I am NOT calling Dell again), I'll be back and promise not to make you cry from despair. :p

Peace out!
    MojoMama

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Welcome aboard. :wave
    Someone should be able to get you sorted out. Just to guess, it sounds like your security suite may be the cause of your problem. The best thing to do would be to post in the Software forum explaining as much as you can about the problems you are having and what security software you are using.
    You'll find quite a few women here, too.

3. MojoMama

MojoMama Private E-2

Thanks for the info Muskie (Muskegon?) ;)

Former Michigander,
    Mojo

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

5. Antbert

Antbert Private E-2

Hello there. I'm female too. We're clearly well on the way to taking over.

I can't fix your problem but I'm very sorry you had to resort to Opera. No one deserves that.

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Yepper ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds