audio not working

Discussion in 'Software' started by geturownbeer, Aug 3, 2009.

1. geturownbeer

geturownbeer Private E-2

hi, i just set up my computer a few weeks ago after its been in storage for about a year. now i set ip up and then all of the sudden my audio doesn't work. i mean i can hear the system sounds from the actual computer. its just that i cant hear any other sound. like music, videos and other things. i set up my dell speakers for it and that didnt work. so than i went to device manager and it has a yellow exclamation point next to it saying SM Bus Controller. and i dont know what that is but can somebody help me please. i even tried to plug in my head phones and they still dont seem to work.

reply back plz!!!!!!!!!

2. geturownbeer

geturownbeer Private E-2

and i dont know if it might be my audio driver because it says it was working properly and nothing is working and i dont know what else to do. i even downloaded driver detective and that didnt seem to help me very much it too said it was ok but i still dont know.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If your PC is one from the likes of DELL, HP, Sony, etc what is the Make and model varient as this will assist us if we need drivers?

If your PC is a home or custom build what is the motherboard make and version?

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?

If SMBus Controller is likely that you will need to install the Chipset/Motherboard Driver first, reboot and then install the Audio driver, BUT need to know what Make of PC or Motherboard you are using first to advise, so do attach an Everest Log.

4. geturownbeer

geturownbeer Private E-2

mine is a 2002 windows xp professional optiplex 754 and i am using service pack 3

5. geturownbeer

geturownbeer Private E-2

my file is 252.2 kb and the limit is 250 so it wont let me upload :(

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Ok then instead of saying All Pages, choose System Summary Only.

7. geturownbeer

geturownbeer Private E-2

ok here it is

Attached Files:

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

Download and install your chipset drivers from this link, then restart the PC. When that's done, download and install your audio drivers from this link. Again, restart the PC when the install is done, and the next thing you know, you should the audio working again!
    :-D

9. geturownbeer

geturownbeer Private E-2

did you read my report?

10. geturownbeer

geturownbeer Private E-2

okay i installed the chipset from the link you gave me, restarted my computer then installed hte audio driver from the other link and again i restarted the computer but my audio still isnt working. when i go to my audio options while my dell speakers are pulgged in it says no audio device and i cant adjust the volume what so ever and my head phones dont work either. i went on device manager and it had a yellow exclamation point next to Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus.

11. geturownbeer

geturownbeer Private E-2

omg i feel like an idiot i saved them but did not install them but once i did my audio works now! thank you so much!!!:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

12. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:highfive Glad I could help you figure it out! :-D

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds