PIcasa vs Photobucket

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Calltaker, May 1, 2007.

1. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

I used to use Photobucket for all my online hosting for pics and such (like when posting in Myspace) but lately, they seem to have taken over how you go about that. No longer does it show the photo with a link beneath it, you have to post it to your blog or something to make it work.

So, seeing as how I use the Google family for a lot of other things, I decided to try picasa. After downloading it and getting it set up (certain things do not belong anywhere near where they can get online :)) I started uploading and was pleased to see that I can get a link to post as I choose. Life is once again good.

If you are looking for a good way to organize your online pics and share them, give it a whirl. IF you don't have a gmail account and want one, send me a PM and I will be happy to e-mail you an invite :)

~C

2. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Google does not translate all that well in online forums. It does integrate into the desktop (even Linux version) quite well.

3. ladyofevilness

ladyofevilness Private E-2

Intresting nothign has changed on my photobucket display page, i still have the things underneath, but maybe because i customized mine a year ago.

4. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

I've been using photobucket for about a year now and suddenly I didn't have the links showing. *shrug* I dunno. I already use a lot of the google gadgets, so adding one more wan't a whole lot of stretch for me, is actually a nice proggie, I like the ease of use and the FTP-like uploading :) The only thing I don't like, and I am sure that there is a way to change it (i just haven't found it yet) but it seems intent on re-scanning my whole comp each time I start it up. No biggy, just ahve to make sure that the youngling is not around when a certain folder or 2 are scanned in :eek: :D

~C

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds