Pennsylvania Men Attempting Record Send 217,000 Text Messages, Get $26G Bill

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Paxton007, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Can you imagine THAT kind of cell phone bill?

Fox News...

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

You're one of those two men, aren't ya, Pax?? :-D

;)

haha...I bet he did panic though when he got a 26,000 dollar bill.

3. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

LOL I don't have a cell phone. I don't like the things that come along with them. When I am away from a phone, I don't want to be bothered, you know? I'm pretty far away from Lancaster, isn't that in your general area? I live in Jefferson County. :cool

At least T-Mobile realized the mistake. Seems lots of companies wouldn't be so willing to just let it go like that. *cough* Verizon *cough*

4. LauraR

Nah...I have a bro in law in Lancaster, but I'm a Philly girl. :-D

No cell phone??? :eek

Don't know what I'd do without mine! To make it worse I just got a blackberry. Can't imagine bothering sending that many texts, though. I can think of many better things to do with my time.

5. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Philadelphia? I guess Lancaster is a bit off for you too. The only part of Philly I was ever in, looked like this.

[​IMG]

I've had cell phone's before, but I just don't really like them. When the company wants to get me one, I'm all for it, but I'd rather not be bothered on my own time.. Oh well. LOL

6. LauraR

Yeah, it pretty much all looks like that. LOL

I'm about 25-30 miles southwest of philly.

What if your wife needs to get a hold of you, btw?

7. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

She doesn't. LOL

She carries a cell phone, but it's a prepaid thing, and it works for us. I don't want to have a cell phone, but don't completely object to them or anything. We have a few here at the office that lay around in case we have to run a delivery or something, and I've used one of those overnight a few times. I just don't see the real need.

My office has a toll free number, so I can call back here free from anywhere, I don't know.. I just don't ever think about them. LOL..

I can usually wait to talk to my wife, or anyone else until I am around a regular phone.

8. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Man i wish i could go without a cell phone. That would be so awesome. Save me $120 a month iphone bill too, but i tell ya, id be completely lost without it.

9. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Are you familiar with 6th and Dauphin area ?

10. LauraR

Is that in N. Philly?

I generally go in to center city to go out to eat and stuff.... south of Vine usually.

11. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Yes. Just North of I-676 and West of I-95.I lived there from birth until my late brother(23rd Precinct) convince our dad to move out because of the violence out of control.(which is nothing compared to what is now)(only here say)
    Still have family on Thompson st though(brothers children/widow). Can't say that I miss it though.:p

12. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot. -Groucho Marx

13. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

The largest one I've ever had knowledge of was one my son ran up (on his dime - he was an adult at the time) was almost $700.00 by talking to his then girlfriend. She is now his wife, so I guess it was money well spent.

What floored me was they both had computers and access to the internet . . . (he still lived with me, and I've had DSL for years). I kept telling him "save your cash and get online and talk to her!"

The things we do for love . . . ;)

14. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Yeah:

Like walking in the rain......

and snow....

When there’s nowhere to go....

And you’re feeling like a part of you is dying....

And you’re looking for the answer

in her eyes....

You think you’re gonna break up....

Then she says she wants to make up....

You're right... the things we do...LOL

15. LauraR

Who knew! There's a softer side of Paxton! LOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds