Can not find Network controller driver IBM T41 23732FG

Discussion in 'Software' started by rosh, Sep 19, 2009.

1. rosh

rosh Private E-2

Please help me to find the correct driver for IBM T41 23732FG.
    All suggested drivers from Lenovo website do not give positive results.
    The Device Manager still show yellow at the Network Controller.
    Also I can't see any networks in WZC service. However this service is started and put to Automatic.

Thanks.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

The T41 was sold with one of many different wireless adapters in it, and you can download the drivers from this link. You'll notice there's drivers for different Intel devices, a Cisco wireless adapter, and a "no name" WLAN adapter. If you don't know exactly which model you have, download and run Unknown Devices and it should tell you which one you need. Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!

[dlb]

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

4. rosh

rosh Private E-2

Hi dlb,

Thank you for your suggestion, but it didn't work.
    Unknown Devices showed me:
    Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter.
    I install that, but it didn't help.
    Chipset didn't either.
    The Device Manager still showing yellow and can't update the driver.

Initially I was going to enable wireless internet connection through WZC service.
    Wireless is enabled in BIOS. But IBM T41 can't switch wireless ((i)) on by pressing FnF5 (just bluetooth). I believe that should be done through the software. So, it is logical first to install the missing driver for Network Controller
    which is shown in Other Devices.
    However, I am able to get internet connection through the Edimax wireless card.
    If I uninstall Edimax software, I still can get the internet connection through WZC service, but only if the Edimax USB card is connected.
    Seems like the system can not use its own integrated Intel wireless card.
    So, either no proper driver installed, or something wrong with the card.
    Or, basically there is some other way to switch on ((i)) device the same way as bluetooth.
    If my logic is wrong, I would appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It's possible. Obviously, if you can connect using a USB wifi adapter, then we know that WZC is OK, and your basic Windows networking components are OK. This points to either the driver being bad, or the built-in wifi card being bad. It's possible that something is wrong with the driver at the IBM/Lenovo site, so try using this driver from Intel. Be sure to completely uninstall all other wireless drivers (including the USB wifi driver) before installing this driver from Intel. If this doesn't work, perhaps the device is indeed faulty. On the other hand, some laptops have a hotkey to turn the wifi on/off AND an actual switch (usually a small 'slider' type switch) that turns the wifi on/off. If you've looked around for such a switch and if it's there, you switched it on, and still no connection, then I'd say the wifi card is bad. You can try removing/reseating the wifi card and see if that helps. You can usually easily access the wifi device on most laptops by removing a panel on the bottom of the laptop. The wifi card looks a lot like a laptop memory stick and installs the same way. Be care with the antenna lead wires connected to the card; they come off easily, but are usually easy to reconnect as long as they don't get damaged.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :-D

6. rosh

rosh Private E-2

Hi dlb,
    Thank you very much. Everything is sorted now. It was just an old wireless driver which was probably installed by previous owner of this laptop. I didn't see it. And checked everything again after your last suggestion. After deleting that I installed 2100 3b driver from Lenovo website and everything came to life.
    Big thanks again!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds